Phone: 01454 319960
You have items in your cart
The workshop here specialises in Gazelle, Brompton, Pashley and Surly Builds. We are fully equiped to repair, tune and service hub gears and brakes. We know how to deal with chainguards, dyno lights and wiring. We can get spares for Pashley, Brompton, Sturmey Archer, Shimano, Nuvinci, SRAM, Rohloff and Surly parts too, hold a fair bit of stock and if you buy from us i will often fit simpler items for free.
Please note the prices listed below are exclusive of parts and are listed only as a guide.
All jobs are quoted individually and priced at £25 per hour.
Examples of prices.
General Service £60
- Checking of all bearing units (BB, hubs, headset)
- Checking of all cables, they should operate smoothly and must not be frayed (remove if otherwise)
- Checking of transmission parts (chain, cassette, chainrings) for wear
- Remove and dispose all worn out transition parts
- Remove, degrease and rinse in water all other transition parts (except parts with sealed bearing units)
- Clean frame and ancillaries
- Refit and than lube all transition components
- Refit the back wheel and check both for perfect alignment in the frame
- Refit any cables and/or cable outer if necessary
- Adjust brakes and gears
- Remove the seat post and stem, clean, apply antiseize
- Check the bicycle for rattling or other noises
- Test ride the bike
- Parts and cables are an additional charge, all cabling outer replacement £15, cable £10.
- Additional fee for bottom bracket replacement/service £15
- Front hub brake regrease £10
- Rear hub brake regrease £15
- Replacement of hub brakes, £15 + parts each
No charge for drop in, while you wait hub brake adjustments.
Hub Gear Service
- All cables replaced and adjusted
- Hub gears serviced as per manufacturer’s instructions from £40.
- Replacement hubs from £40
Accessory Fitting from £10
- Racks, child seats, baskets, mudguards, handlebars, saddles but free if bought from RUB.
Front or rear £6
- If the rear wheel has to be removed, £15
Internally Geared Hub Service £40
- We are experts in hub gears and internal brakes (Sram, Sturmey-Archer, Shimano, Rohloff, Sachs, etc). We stock many of the common parts for most Manufacturers. Other parts not in stock we can order in for you.
- a rejuvenating oil bath for Shimano hubs and suitable treatment for others.
- Headset Service/Replacement £20
- Fork Replacement £20
- Bottom Bracket Service £20
- Frame Stripping £40
- Frame powder coating £90
- For Other Aluminium welded or steel brazed repairs please enquire.